As you know for rooting an android device the first requirement is the Unlocked Bootloader and then on the second step, you will need TWRP Recovery installed on your phone. When you install a system update on your device, booting into recovery is part of the process. Every device has a stock recovery installed for this reason, but it has no user-accessible functions. Other custom recoveries such as ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) and Philz Touch Recovery have similar features, but TWRP is considered to be more user-friendly and easier to use. TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project) is a popular custom recovery for Android devices and this guide will walk you through the process of installing it without a PC. If you are a tech geek then you should definitely try them once. In this step, you can either use Magisk or Kingroot Android apps to root your device.
- This should give us a clear idea of your situation and allow us to provide assistance much more efficiently.
- It is a tool based on Android that is designed to interact with Debugger Bridge (ADB).
- Then, it’ll be recognized by kies and kies will download all the files of recent firmware.
- LINK In this article that will be explained why it is needed, how to check the upgrade as well as how to download and install it.
- You can backup your ROMs with applications that can be run in your SD card or internal memory.
Call logs, alarms, calendars, apps, messages, home screen options, and settings can all be stored in this app. With a 19% market share, it is by far the largest manufacturer of smartphones, followed by Apple.
Take a nandroid backup from the custom recovery before flashing the ROM. Huawei users simply need to download stock firmware .zip files and flash it through TWRP custom Recovery. Previously, we have also shared a tutorial to flash stock firmware on any Huawei smartphone or tablet using the Card Update method. Since the phone’s release, the progress in the developer community took some refreshing turns with support for TWRP recovery and root. However, customization is not everybody’s cup of tea and many realize it later on.
Next up download stock firmware, you will also have to unlock the device’s bootloader. Do keep in mind that doing so will wipe off all the data from your device and could nullify its warranty as well.